Wednesday, October 7, 2009

FRUSTRATED can not even begin to describe it











Here is the newest information:
Our attorney arrives to court for our 2pm (5pm est) hearing and finds out that they subpoenaed another lawer that is not in the process anymore so he filed a continuation and once our lawyer explained their error they would not reverse the continuation.

So we are delayed at least 2 more weeks before the review hearing can take place. We don't have a date, but the judge only does these hearings on Wednesdays and he is out next week. So the earliest it could be is the 21st.

We did find out that, although it is incredibly unlikely, the judge could grant our petition for adoption at the review hearing.

Please pray for Judge Griffin and that he will grant the adoption at the review hearing. This process has gone on long enough. Kenna is 19 months old and will be 20 months at the next available hearing.

Monday, September 14, 2009

18 Months


Kenna weighs in at just 19.4 pounds! Still our little peanut! The doctor said she is perfect and growing great on her growth chart!! She's only in the 1st percentile for weight, but since she has always been little, they look at her overall growth and she is just going to be little!!

We finished our home study on September 10th and it arrived in Arizona on September 11th! We assume that the attorney will mail it to the Tribe this week and then we wait to hear back from them with our court date! If all goes well we should be heading to Arizona sometime in October.

Of course we know that Kenna's adoption has not gone smoothly....so we will not be surprised if we don't have a court date next month! We know that God is in total control and that is where we leave it! We have a peace and always have - regardless of the outcome!

Thanks for your continued prayers! We hope to have more information soon!
Love you all!

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Getting Closer


We have finally heard from the Tribe and it is official - they need a complete home study!

We are so thankful that our consultant agency is completing our study at a reduce cost and also expediting it! So at least on our side we are rushing things along! Not too much rush, we are making certain that every t is crossed and i dotted!!!

Here are some specific prayer requests:
  • Judge Dawson will reside over our case AND GRANT THE ADOPTION!
  • The home study will be completed by the end of next week
  • We finalize our adoption before Dec. 31st
  • Our decision to bring Kayla with us or not - she will be 8 in Dec. and it would be a great learning experience for her to see a real Reservation; however, if the Tribe takes Kenna from us, we don't know how that will affect her.
We so appreciate your prayers!

Monday, July 27, 2009

First Hair Cut

Here is her before shot!!!

Getting ready for the cut














And the beautiful results!!!










Kenna turned 17 months old on the 22nd and on the 25th she got her
very first professional hair cut. (mommy cut her hair a few months ago to help even out the ends in the back)

We are still waiting to hear from the Tribe - we have given up on anyone telling us a time frame, because it has NEVER been within their time limit....so we wait and wait and wait.....

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Newest Information


It is so hard to believe that Kenna is almost 17 months old!! (I think I say that each month) anyways...

We called the attorney on Monday and they said that our petition was mailed to the Tribe last week. She believes that this process will be longer than 90 days that we were hoping for and that the Tribe WILL want another home study done.

We hope to have more information directly from the Tribe soon...

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Still Nothing

Monday, June 15, 2009

Some super cute pictures!