Sunday, January 24, 2010

Happy New Year

We are going on 2 months of being a "completed" family. Of course the moment we held our sweet Kenna, we were complete...it just took the Judge and lawyers 22 months to agree with us!

We are praying about whether there is another child for our family. One big part of adoption planning is your home study. Due to the fact that Kenna is a Native American, the Tribe required us to do a second home study. Our newest one will not expire until Sept. 10th. So we want to be open to another little one.

I so love both of my girls. Adoption is such a gift and I just can't find the right words to thank both my girls birth moms, S and C for their selfless gifts. They first chose to give their girls life and then to find a family that could provide for their needs when they new they couldn't. I am amazed at their strength and deep love for my girls. Kayla is now beginning to understand a bit of what her adoption means and I love to see how grateful she is to be in our home and for what S did for her! Kenna is too young to understand right now, but we tell her her adoption story, just as we did Kayla...so I know that it won't be long before she also appreciates the gift she was given!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, I stumbled upon your blog when I was looking up info on jay mccarthy, my husband and I are awaiting finalization of our sweet boy Cody. He, too, is part native american and icwa applies, and I'm just terrified of how everything will go, so seeing that your adoption was finalized even afterall those issues really gives me hope that everything will be okay. So, thank you for puttng your journey out there, its inspiring.